9.8.13

dean reunion - it's gonna be a good one!

Oh boy! This past long weekend was the Dean Reunion 2013. My legs are still hurting from the slackline, my sides still pain from all the laughter and my throat is still a little scratchy from the singing but we wouldn't have it any other way!

What a beautiful time of year to drive through the prairies!!
 

We faithfully followed the directions we were given...
 
 
and finally made it to be met by the "Camp Commander!"
 

Sunset, campfire, family - what a great way to begin the weekend!
 

First thing on the planned agenda was a log sawing contest!!



What a workout! And to think Grampa did this for 85 cents a day!!

 

These two equal trouble
 
 
Get all of these ones together and that equals TROUBLE!
 

Who said the swings were for the kids?
 
 
Remember that slack line I mentioned earlier? Here's a few shots of us trying to master it!
 
 




 
 
There was an ice cream stand, ventriloquist and endless jam sessions...
 Have I mentioned I'm related to a ridiculously talented group of people?!
 

Sunday afternoon there was high tea for the ladies and a steak fry for the gentlemen  
 
 
And then a few family photos!

 
After photos the traditional water fight broke out and only a few remained dry that day!! But I didn't want to risk soaking my phone so there are no pics to prove it...
 
Suddenly it was Monday and time to pack up; it POURED rain... thankfully up until this point we had fabulous weather!!
 


One very special man was missing from our reunion this year. Grampa passed away this spring and the empty chair was especially felt on Sunday morning.

Uncle Gar had a copy of Grampa's Certificate of Service from World War 2 on display; he served overseas and fought in the front lines of battle during the war. We owe so much to the Veterans and those willing to fight for our freedom.
 
 
There was also a box of pictures that had been at Grampa and Gramma's house and we were able to go thru and claim a few that meant something to us!
 
Gramma and Jax
 

 
Grampa, Jax and I 
 
 
 
Well there you have it. A glimpse of our long weekend... I realize as I look at the pictures I spent more time just enjoying the moment than I did taking pictures and therefore I don't have a picture to go with every moment or memory. Even though these pictures are somewhat blurry and the color and lighting isn't anywhere near perfect, for those of us that were able to attend as well as those family members that weren't these few pictures are memories that we will cherish!
 
-j

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Jess, I love it even though tears are running down my face as I finish. Mom xo

    ReplyDelete